logo RmaXSystems reliable solutions taking you beyond your maXimum.

24/7 Sales & Support +234 8165265988   l   Hot Deals   l   Search
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Search found 10 matches

Return

EPL Update for Boxing day fixture

Manchester United extended their lead in the Premier League table to seven points after they triumphed in a seven-goal thriller against Newcastle, while Manchester City slumped to defeat at Sunderland . Chelsea closed the gap in third with a narrow win at Norwich, while Everton defeated Wigan.

Javier Hernandez's goal for Manchester United settled a seven-goal thriller against Newcastle

Javier Hernandez scored a dramatic late winner as Manchester United claimed a thrilling 4-3 win against Newcastle United.

Newcastle had lost six of their last eight league matches, but buoyed by victory at home to Queens Park Rangers last weekend, grabbed the lead inside four minutes.

Demba Ba, who had an early chance in the opening seconds, played a big part in the first goal as David De Gea palmed the Senegal striker's shot into the path of James Perch , who had a simple finish for his first strike for the club.

With Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Danny Welbeck all unavailable, Javier Hernandez started up front alongside Robin van Persie, but United's equaliser came from the defence; Evans sliding home after Krul saved Hernandez's original effort.

But Newcastle were back in front three minutes later, in controversial circumstances. Danny Simpson's shot was deflected into his own net by Evans , but the defender was initially let off the hook when the assistant Jake Collin flagged that Papiss Cisse was offside.

However, referee Mike Dean ruled Cisse was not interfering with play and allowed the goal to stand, to the fury of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Sylvain Marveaux nearly doubled Newcastle's lead when his free-kick from the edge of the area beat De Gea but clattered off the crossbar.

But it was United who clawed themselves back in the game, Patrice Evra scoring his fourth goal of the season, driving a low strike past Tim Krul.

However, for a third time Alan Pardew's side took the lead after substitute Gabriel Obertan squared the ball back for Papiss Cisse to smash home from six yards out.

Van Persie then equalised at the second time of asking after Krul saved his initial effort, but both he and Hernandez were both guilty of squandering chances.

Hernandez , though, secured all three points for United, the Mexican sweeping home Michael Carrick's pin-point cross from close range.

Manchester City failed to take advantage of United's slip-up as they stumbled to a 1-0 defeat at Sunderland. Adam Johnson struck the killer blow against his former club as the Black Cats made it three wins from four.

Adam Johnson returned to haunt his former side Man City and earn Sunderland three much-needed Premier League points

As with their late win against Reading last week, City were unable to make the most of their dominance in the first half,

Vincent Kompany, back in the starting line-up after recovering from a groin injury, had an early chance to put City ahead, but his header clattered the crossbar before Yaya Toure's rebound was well saved by Simon Mignolet.

City had a late winner against Reading last week, but they were unable to find a way past a stubborn Sunderland rearguard as Johnson's goal proved the difference.

Johnson, out wide on the right, cut inside and caught Joe Hart off guard with a curling effort, beating the England 'keeper at his near post.

Chelsea are hot on City's heels after they claimed a third straight win with a 1-0 win over Norwich City.

Juan Mata scored the only goal of the game to sink the Canaries, who suffered back to back defeats for the first time since October 6.

Frank Lampard and Eden Hazard, two of the key architects of Chelsea's 8-0 hammering of Aston Villa on Sunday, were dropped to the bench, but there was still plenty of quality in midfield as Oscar and Mata combined for the goal.

Oscar skipped past a Norwich defender before feeding the ball to Mata, who fired a left-footed strike past Mark Bunn from 30 yards.

Everton continued their challenge for the Champions League places as they beat Wigan Athletic 2-1 at Goodison Park.

Leon Osman scored Everton's first goal in their Premier League game against Wigan

Phil Neville celebrated his 500th Premier League appearance with three points thanks to goals from Leon Osman and Phil Jagielka.

After a goalless opening 45 minutes, the hosts started the second half brightly, with Thomas Hitzlsperger clattering the bar from nearly 40 yards out.

But the breakthrough came in the 52nd minute when Osman's shot took a wicked deflection off Gary Caldwell to wrong-foot Ali Al Habsi.

Wigan felt aggrieved to have been denied a penalty after Shaun Maloney was bundled over by Osman, but the Wigan midfielder was booked for his troubles after protesting Lee Mason's decision.

Everton doubled their lead through Jagielka, directing his header beyond Al Habsi high into the top corner from Neville's cross. Wigan pulled a goal back through Arouna Kone, but they were unable to find a way back into the match.

Aston Villa's mini-revival from their eight-goal humbling at Chelsea's hands three days ago lasted all of 45 minutes as they fell apart after half-time against Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs won 4-0, with all the goals coming in the second half, thanks to a hat-trick from Gareth Bale and a smart opener from Jermain Defoe .

Bale's trio were well taken but his first stood above the following two and will be painful to watch for Paul Lambert's team as they could have scored themselves 15 seconds earlier. The ball was cleared into Bale's path when Spurs were on the counterattack and the Welshman dribbled around Brad Guzan in Villa's goal and he passed into an open net.

His second goal was created by a neat run in-field from Aaron Lennon and he drove the ball home with his left leg. He rounded matters off from a similar position inside the box when Gylfi Sigursson supplied him with the ball after Kyle Walker picked out the Icelander's run.

Rickie Lambert scored a late equaliser from the penalty spot to earn a 1-1 for Southampton at Fulham.

Fulham, looking to get back to winning ways after back-to-back defeats, took an early lead through Dimitar Berbatov , tapping home after Kelvin Davis failed to clear Sascha Riether's cross from the right.

But Saints were rewarded for their efforts in the second half, Lambert smashing past Schwarzer after Chris Baird handled the ball under pressure from the striker.

Queens Park Rangers slipped back to the bottom of the Premier League table as they were lost 2-1 at home to West Bromwich Albion .

Kick-off was delayed by 15 minutes after the Baggies' coach got stuck in traffic, but the visitors got off to a rapid start as Chris Brunt opened the scoring with a well-struck effort from 30 yards. QPR keeper Robert Green was at fault for the second goal as he palmed the ball into his own net under pressure from Marc-Antoine Fortune.

The Hoops pulled a goal back through Djibril Cisse in the dying stages, but Ben Foster made a good save to keep out Clint Hill's late header to earn three points for West Brom.

Reading leapfrogged QPR into 19th as they ended their seven-game losing streak with a 0-0 against Swansea City at the Madejski Stadium. In a game between two of the league's leakiest defences, it was a game of few chances as the teams shared the spoils.
by 'loyd
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Denrele disappointed with D'banj's Koko concert org

Fans disappointed with D’banj over Koko Concert; forced to trek to the beach

Edris Elba & D'Banj
idris-elba-in-town-dp1.jpg

There is presently an ongoing fuss on twitter following the long distance trek that fans had to go through before arriving at the venue of Thursday night’s Koko concert.
D’banj’s Koko Concert which took place Thursday night at Eko Atlantic did not go down well with the fans of the entertainer as they took to twitter to vent their annoyance and disappointment over the poor planning of the show.

Fans were made to trek long distance to the venue at Eko Atlantic and to the bar beach.

Top entertainer, Denrele Edun could not hide his displeasure, as he termed 27th December, the worst day in his life.

His tweet of ‘The worst day of my life! “Dec 27th, Koko Concert. So, the Koko
Concert went down
last night.
“The worst day of my life! Dec
27th,Koko concert. Despite d
negativity, I managed to hold my
head up nd stay positive! Home
now..#NeverAgain,” Channel O
presenter, Denrele Edun tweeted
in the wee hours of Friday.
Even by his very lofty eccentric
standards, the wild-haired one,
could not deal with this audition
for the steel-hearted, with
experience in covering long
distances by foot. Garnered lots of retweets and endorsements.
According to him, he was almost stabbed by area boys, while trekking to the show.

The concert which was hosted by Edris Elba featured top acts like Big Sean, Pusha-T, Tinie Tempah, Kay Switch, 2Face Idibia, Wizkid, Ice Prince, Seyi Shey, Burna boy, Dammy Krane, Ajebutter and Ikechukwu.

Like @utomisphere tweeted, this one was the survival of the fittest.
His tweet read: “Koko Concert was actually a scouting session for
Nigeria’s next Olympians.”
So, holla, if you passed it. Tweet it, trumpet it, tell it loud and clear.
Like @Sirkastiq added, “No really, those of you who are the koko
concert survivors need to add it to your bios. Such feat deserves
respect.”
But beyond all the Koko Walk of Life, dusty shoes, disappearing
make-up, noisesome pestilence and lustful cravings to see Idris Elba,
this is one battle D’Banj has lost, as he tries to outdo former business
partner, Don Jazzy.
Don Jazzy opens PoP, D’Banj also announces the opening of his night
club in Victoria Island. Please note, by this time, both are already
CEOs of labels, that are trying to get off the ground.
Not satisfied with all that glory, D’Banj goes ahead and organises the
Koko Concert, which previously featured all the members of the
defunct MoHits Crew. This time around, the Kokomaster went for
international flavour – Hollywood actor Idris Elba, Pusha T and Big
Sean, were here in all their might.
One sensitive area he conveniently ignored, was logistics. Even with
all the ravings and rantings, it was a good show from all accounts. But
imagine it was staged at the Expo Hall and not the Eko Atlantic (or is
it Bar Beach now)?
A lot of Nigerians are not happy right now with D’Banj.
All attention is now on Don Jazzy. Will he or will not swallow the bait
and stage his own concert?
For now, the scoreboard reads: “Don Jazzy 1 – D’Banj 0″

source
by 'loyd
Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

week 20 of EPL Table

We expect change to the table after today's fixtures between Everton vs Chelsea and QPR vs Liverpool
by 'loyd
Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Table on New Year

the current standing
by 'loyd
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no regret playing for Nigeria-Victor Moses

The attacker, who joined the west London side from Wigan in the summer, believes that he made the right choice to play for the country of his birth despite representing England at youth level.

Moses has become an integral part of the Super Eagles side currently preparing for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and he revealed that he has enjoyed every moment of his stay with the Nigerian team.

"Yes the opportunity beckoned me to play for England, but I chose Nigeria because it has always been my ambition to play for the Super Eagles," Moses told Goal.com .

"I don't regret turning out in the colours of Super Eagles. I love Nigeria and I was prepared to come and play for the nation.

"I have enjoyed every minute of my stay with the team. Coaches in England should not blame themselves that they could not convince me to wear the jersey of the [Three Lions] after playing for the junior side

"I waited for the opportunity to be invited to play for the national team of Nigeria and immediately they found me worthy, I did not waste time to honour the call.

"Nigeria has always been my choice if called up and when they did I was happy.

"I want to say that my game keep improving since I started playing for the Super Eagles after meeting with the coaches and players.

"We are going to do well in South Africa because we have a team that is determined and hungry for success."
by Soccer Luver
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coutinho bid accepted

Apparently Inter have accepted a 10.2 million bid from Southampton. If Ian Arye is indeed in Italy discussing terms then I am not to worried about this report but if Ian Arye is in Italy discussing terms and we dont get Coutinho then I would be seriously frustrated at FSG's transfer policy.

I understand not paying over the odds but with the crazy millions being splashed by United, Chelsea, City and more recently Arsenal and Spurs then it does seem rather fical of opting out of signing a possible future superstar because of a million or two.

10.2 million in todays standards is an incrediable low amount for a player of Coutinho's ability these days execially when you consider that Anderson cost 23 million, Carrick cost 19 million and Ramirez cost 15 million. Coutinho has to better to eclipse all of them.

This is just a little rant that may well be futile in a day or two but isnt that what these blogs are for!?

With any luck Coutinho will be in Liverpool red soon enough.

Heres the link to the Daily Mail report -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267299/Southampton-Philippe-Coutinho-bid-accepted.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
by Conq'Ent
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cloud nine performance from FC Bayern, Pizarro 4-goal blitz

A stunning performance from Claudio Pizarro was a highlight of an exceptional Bayern Munich performance, the league leaders recording their 10th Bundesliga victory in style with an 9-2 destruction of sorry Hamburg.
DON'T MISS
Robben rubbishes 'insane' exit talkBayern bid to clinch crown before April
Salihamidzic tips Bayern over JuventusVoller tips Bayern to win CL
BET: RETURNS: Bayern $16.60 Draw $36.00 Juventus $50.00

The Peruvian notched his first four goals of the season in the Allianz Arena as HSV folded without fight, while Xerdan Shaqiri, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben's double added to the humiliation for the hapless visitors, who had late consolations thanks to Jeffrey Bruma and Heike Westermann.

While Borussia Dortmund's last-gasp victory meant that Bayern could not be crowned champions in March, Jupp Heynckes' men nevertheless knew that another win would leave the claiming of the Bundesliga title as little more than a formality in coming weeks. With that in mind, and despite resting several first-team players, Die Roten gave an exhibition of football as they destroyed HSV from the first whistle.

With just six minutes on the clock, and after a slightly nervous start, Bayern were on the board. Hamburg's defence were complicit in the strike as they stood off first the advancing Toni Kroos, and then Xerdan Shaqiri; the Switzerland international made them pay with a brilliant left-foot shot that flew low past Rene Adler and inside the post. The visitors briefly raised hopes of coming back with a wicked effort from Heung-Min Son that was saved by Manuel Neuer - but there was no slowing down the rampant hosts.

The Hamburg backline did well to deny Robben, who was waiting to convert Pizarro's low cross, but later let themselves down. A quick corner was nodded in by Bastian Schweinsteiger, criminally unmarked. The floodgates were now well and truly open; Claudio Pizarro was the next man to make the scoresheet, again from a quickly-taken corner, converting Javi Martinez's flick on to record his first goal of the season.

The Peruvian had been used only sporadically for Bayern throughout 2012-13, but he was enjoying immensely a rare start in the Allianz Arena. A perfectly-timed backheel completed an exchange with Robben, and the Netherlands star did not let his side down as he fired the return into the corner of the net, giving Adler no chance to save. Hamburg were reeling, four down within little more than 30 minutes, but Bayern were in no mood to let up.

A clinical move from the Bundesliga leaders left Shaqiri free in the box and, although the forward could not add his second with an effort off the post, Pizarro was on hand to tap in and put Die Roten 5-0 ahead, entering the dressing room to rapturous applause at half-time.

Bayern could have been forgiven for taking their foot off the accelerator after such an electric half, but there was no sign Hamburg would be spared further humiliation as they continued to rain in goals. A brilliant burst from Robben down the right left Heiko Westermann standing, and his cross was turned in with a cheeky backheel from Pizarro as El Conquistador celebrated his hat-trick. The Peruvian turned provider just seconds later; chasing down Bruma deep in the Hamburg half, Claudio took the ball cleanly and unselfishly laid off to Robben, who chipped over Adler for the seventh of the evening.

Substitutes Franck Ribery and Thomas Muller were determined to join in the festivities, and combined perfectly to tee up Pizarro for a fourth and continue the rout; although Jeffrey Bruma at least hit a consolation late on, the goal only spurred a furious Bayern to restart their offensive and hit again through Ribery. Heike Westermann hit for a second HSV strike, but it did little to dull the party for Die Roten as they completed a sensational win.

With seven games left in the season, Bayern need just two points to ensure their crowning as Bundesliga champions, wresting the title of Dortmund after two consecutive runner-up finishes.

[Daniel Edwards, Goal.com]
by Zak_9ty
Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic
Jump to Forum:  

[ Time : 0.059s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]